Saturday, May 9, 2009

Running

Why do we run? 
It seems as if when im faced with a difficult situation my instincts are to run. To simply drop everything and everyone I care about and run away. I leave all responsibilities and friends and start anew. Why do I have this instinct to just leave? How, can I have the ability to detach myself from family/friends that I once cared about and simply forget them all together. 
I have to wonder if I will get into medical school. It seems as if its been my dream since I can remember and I know I have a great shot at getting in, but what if im not good enough? What if I get rejected. Will I simply run away like I always do? Or will I face the rejection and push forward to get in. What can I possibly do with a biology degree? 
 I guess only time will tell. Until then I guess ill continue the endless volunteer/research/shadowing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment